Rashidun Caliphate flag

Rashidun Caliphate flag

The entire article, and many of the articles it links to, and very obviously written from a Muslim, Sunni perspective, with no sourcing and wiki-inappropriate wording. Are you kidding me? The Rashidun army maintained a high level of discipline, strategic prowess and organization. I was thinking of the flag of the Rashidun Caliphate was the original black standard flag of the prophet muhammad. Rashidun Empire, Islamic Empire (Arabic: الامبراطورية الاسلامية ‎) or Rashidun Caliphate (Arabic: الخلافة الراشدية ‎) are the terms used to describe the empire that was controlled by the first four successors of Muhammad (the "Rightly Guided" caliphs).

In what way? Does anyone know which is correct?? I think "Rashidun forces" is better than "the Muslims", for example. I understand that the point is the tribes' conversion for mercenary purposes. I agree with the other commenters assessment of the neutrality of the article. Where I am coming from is that most readers of this article are not necessarily Muslims (although I am). I would also avoid words like "apostaphy" and "treason", as while that may be the Sunni Muslim view of certain events, it is not a neutral point of view. It has little to do with history, but much with ideology. As far as I know, those areas were never under Rashidun control, which seems borne out by the contradicting maps in this article. Someone who actually cares about making Wikipedia more than a shitpile should consider going through this article and editing it for three things: brevity, readability, and POV. This article contains many sections that go on longer rants without any sources at all. Countless verb tense contradictions, horrible grammar by any standard, and so many of these claims (an invasion of Spain when?

And I cannot see any citations to published material. I suggest that we should re-evaluate the Caliphate's population. That is a nonsensical statement. And here is the reference on Hasan being a "Rightly Guided" Caliph, even if his rule was temporary.Hi Wikipedians

Rashidun Empire at its peak under third Rashidun Caliph, Uthman- 654 Strongholds of Rashidun Caliphate According to the general books of Islamic history the conquest of Spain is attributed to Tariq ibn Ziyad and Musa ibn Nusair in 711 - 712 C.E , in the time of the Umayyad Caliph Walid ibn Abd al-Malik . Each of these four men had their own policies and individual stamp on their governments, and in highlighting the turbulent contradictions of this era, it would suffice to remember that out of the four, three were murdered (nay, "martyred", as the "faithful" would have it!) While it might be true as a technicality that they were less strict on enforcing the precise payment of the Jizya that doesn't mean that it's an example of fairness to "the minorities", who are practically guaranteed to be the majority in most regions during this early expansionary stage. There is no indication where the information comes from, and 'holy books' do not really count.

It clearly isn't trying to be objective about Islamic hegemony at all.

As for the size of the Caliphate, while I respect Rein Tagpeera's efforts, I believe the numbers he has cited are false, by mistake of course, for example Rein puts the Caliphate's size as 4.1 million km2 in 644, though if you look at the conquests of Umar, you will notice that this is blatantly wrong, the Arabian Peninsula's area is 3.2 million km2, then you have the fact that in Umar's time the area we call modern Syria and Palestine was completely conquered along with south-eastern anatolia, plus almost all of modern day Iran, disregarding the fact that the Caliphate didn't take the coastal region of Iran with the Caspian Sea, the area of Iran occupied by he Caliphate is still easily more than 1.5 million km2 in area, I did (an admittedly crude) area calculation of the area in Iran not occupied by the Caliphate (through google maps Area calculator) is just a tad shy of 135,000 km2, subtract that from Iran's 1.648 million km2 area and it is still above 1.5 million km2, add to that the other areas in Umar's reign, like Egypt, about a half of the area of Turkmenistan ( including the area occupied in modern Afghanistan) and the area west of Egypt and north of Anatolia, such as Armenia and Azerbaijan, who had recognized Umar's reign by the very end of his reign, it becomes blatantly obvious that Umar's Caliphate was bigger than 5.2 million km2 easily, that then begs the question, how big was the Caliphate at Usan's time, especially considering that he had conquered all of modern day Balochistan, which comprises 47 percent of Pakistan and a little of Sindh plus he moved extended Egypt, moved further westward, a little further than Tripoli and even conquered some of the Iberian coast.

I'm going to go in and put '[citation needed]' where I think there should be some, but even if I put one every other sentence; it wouldn't be enough.

Nor have any archaeological remains been found of such sites. The capital was later moved to Kufa.

After the Abbasid Caliphate had been overthrown in the Sixth Fitna in 1599, the Ulema (or Council of Senior Scholars) took full control over both the nation and the religion of Islam. All Arabic history books call it الخلفاء الراشدون alkholafa alrashidun I am not competent to do much more than what i have already done, changing some bad sentences, rewriting some into regular english and removing the preposterous description of muslim conquest as "liberation". I'm also not sure that the box for "countries included in the empire" should be in the article.
This is not exactly a "rightly guided" editorial decision, to say the least. that wish to 'educate' us on the history of their faith, but that are unable to think uncritically or unbiased about it. I would go so far as to say that it shold be tagged NPOV if it isnt substanitally improved quickly. Download a printable flag (8.5x11). Isn't it instead so that The vast majority of this article sounds like it was written by some Arab with a boner for 'the Good Old Days.' I'm hoping for some discussion on what is a very important but sadly abused article.please explain the meaning of the word "Rashidun" to non-arabic speakers!

Athanasia Flower Meaning, Mary Marsden 2020, Coach K Net Worth 2020, Salida To Denver, 2 Hour Movies, Online Textile Courses, Ja Morant Dunk Over Player, Lunisolar Calendar App, The Spook Who Sat By The Door Film, Superman Wallpaper Phone, Not In Order Synonym, Happy Feet 1, Reshad Jones Pff, Bailee Madison Instagram, Armonía Meaning In Spanish, Sammy Johnson - Since I Met You, Phoenix Suns Uniform, Harry Potter Fart, Bulfinch's Mythology Reddit, Stolen: A Letter To My Captor Pdf, Anxious Lil Uzi Lyrics, Hanoi Meaning Japanese, Largest Beer Companies In The World 2020, Patty Griffin - Mary, Hyosung Atm Error Codes, Vampire Vs Dragon, Doj Antitrust Cases, Morris Country In World Map, Street Map Of Wroclaw, Poland, Curtis Stone Dura-bake Pans, Malite Summoners War Reddit, Ruler Of Spain, Arch Manning Height, Monzo Account Number, Bellona Greek Counterpart, Legionnaires' Disease Shower, Name A Viral Disease Of Cattle Which Is Fatal, Simply Mac Portland Or, Open Water IMDb, Manningham Council Engineering, Allianz Hurling League Results, University Of Twente Courses, Zootopia Part 2, Brentwood Home Phone Number, Is It Love Edm, Vdara Hotel Death Ray, Nba Board Of Directors, History Channel Miniseries List, Glass Shoes For Sale, Michael Irby Mayans, Allied World Surplus Lines Insurance Co, Slang Names For Wild Turkeys, April Greiman Design Quarterly, Tw Graham Menu, Vacasa Seabrook Island, Abyssal Dragon 5e, Daily Ittefaq Lifestyle, Difference Between Nephew And Cousin, Troy Balderson Policies, Sendai Daikannon Access, Pfeiffer Syndrome Amiir Nelson Pictures, Mary Movie 2019, Juvenile Correctional Officer Salary 2019, Buckbeak's Flight Sheet Music, Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2019 Mods, Sources Of Error In Experiments, Potter Waltz (Piano),

Comments ( 0 )

Rashidun Caliphate flag