best coursera computer science courses reddit

its a degree from a college with the streaming platform of choice being coursera. (His real CS229 lectures are available on youtube and much better if you are familiar with math).I also liked functional programming in scala, intro to logic, startup engineering, programming languages, hardware/software interface. Programming assignments, though tedious at times, brilliantly solidified concepts from lecture. Hey it's not the same as Udacity and stuff but if you have a smartphone or an iPod you can always download them and listen to them outside your place.The Machine Learning course from Stanford on Coursera. MIT's 6.002x electronics and circuits (edx) was good (especially the textbook), but not that great.I've taken over a dozen courses on other subjects, and I've found that ultimately it depends on how much in depth theory vs basic "intuitional" knowledge you like having. If you do, take Ng's first then Abu-Mostafa's.I've found Dan Boneh's crypto class excellent, but it looks like you didn't appreciate it much. It is extremely useful if you are interested in A.I. It is a bit different but overall better (imo) than Andrew Ng's class, although you might want to take both if you're interested in the subject (hell, they are free!). Fun, interactive and challenging.Programming Languages from University of Washington.I found the courses from University of Washington to be quite good. I think that anyone getting a degree this way who can sell it as the equivalent of distance education should be fineI know there are very many reasons why but last I read only 2% of people who start MOOCs finish them. I found all the basic level science I need for CS is ok and even trivial as I have already finished Engineering school, I initially kept track of MIT OCW CS courses but was discouraged by how much I needed to know. I found that the algorithm (Stanford and Princeton) classes very extremely good. (Even though it's on class2go, different platform from the ones you've mentioned). u/grok_it. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. The Princeton algorithms class had a very good auto grader and the assignments were very clear and relevant.Someone posted an interesting attempt at emulating a compsci program: Many schools publish webcasts of lectures online, and more often than not accompanying materials are posted online as well.I know Berkeley does this, and it is a useful alternative to courses on Coursera etc. Explains the basics in a very approachable way. "An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python" from Coursera, even though it might look simple is incredibly empowering since you're making a game a week and I learned a lot from the pedagogy system they used.I mimicked their simplegui api with pyqt and used that to teach some non-programmers as well.The usefulness of the course may vary depending to each person but it certainly IS top notch. (Most courses I don't like are dropped quickly).Also check out coursetalk.org for MOOC reviews; granted reviews often tilt towards easier classes.I also really enjoyed the Computer networks course. Couple that project with a certified certificate and now I feel the only employers that are going to reject it are those that aren't just busy but lazy. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts There are interactive assignments, even on relational algebra.Also the extra assignments are challenging enough for it to be fun. I rarely took a pause from a homework for a couple of hours just to try to find new ideas to sole the problems.TL;DL Databases from Stanford. And I started out having no idea whatsoever about these kinds of things, and actually being baffled at the idea of how they work.The best MOOC I've taken by a large margin was Yaser Abu-Mostafa's Machine Learning course.

A few years from now we can almost be certain to see MANY universities offering courses like this. This is great because it allows you to get the concepts down very quickly without worrying about optimization(You get those skills from the Algorithms course anyway).Probabilistic Graphical Models (Stanford, Daphne Koller, Coursera's flagship along with Ng's ML) - It is an advanced class and unlike every other advanced MOOC I've seen, doesn't water down the material. And they have programs in EnglishIn my country too and cover living costs as well along with tuition.£9,600 is (way) more than double of what my entire BSc in CS is going to cost in my home country.Im paying less than that for my degree in the US not even counting scholarships...Edit: after doing the math I'll spend roughly the same amount as this over my 4 years.
Best quality coursera/edX/udacity computer science class. People from all walks of life welcome, including hackers, hobbyists, professionals, and academics.Press J to jump to the feed. Definitely recommended, and it's a great starting point if you wish to learn more languages and paradigms.

But for the right audience, it's a big amount of material presented with depth, and that's hard to pull off. I find myself restarting again and again till a point I lost all motivation to be honest.. Best quality coursera/edX/udacity computer science class. It will be very interesting to see what they figure out about how best to serve students online so employers actually respect the degrees.Basically, when you can get a degree from Coursera and then walk into a government job you know it's being fully accepted.its not a degree from coursera though. Be warned that this class is not for the mathematically unprepared - it's for upper level theory-heavy CS or math undergrads only. Archived. Also 2020 wasn't a great year either. A lot of people say they didn't "like her teaching style" without any specifics - hard to comment on those, although my observation is that a lot of those criticisms come from woefully unprepared and/or lazy students.Not sure if this is a suitable comment, but Stanford has an upcoming class on Automata theory on Coursera.New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be castComputer Science Theory and Application. 37. It's so well structured and well explained that I actually feel I understand the concepts and how it all works. Recently I've taken Steve Huffman's web app course on Udacity and it was pretty good, with lots of insights into into how they scaled Reddit into handling a massive amount of users.Dan Grossman's programming languages course was excellent. Not less, but the same amount.The nicest thing about this announce is that the trend of MOOCs taking over colleges is clearly progressing.

Ncert Solutions Class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Study Rankers, Islamabad Airport News, Used Cars Bay Ridge, Doom Eternal Ultra Nightmare Difficulty, What Harry Potter Movies Are On Netflix, 311 Noise Complaint Status, Humans Season 2 Cast, Food Items List, Home Alone Lego Price, If I Mute Someone Status On Whatsapp, Will They Know, Reddit College Romance, Great Grandson Birthday Wishes, Amesbury News Contact, Spy Of The Year Awards, Weather Kingsport Tn Wcyb, Budapest Pronunciation In Hindi, Train Cake Design, Is The Moon Made Of Sedimentary Rock, Harold The Scarecrow Scene, Apple Midnight Green Color Code, Village Of Fairport Code Enforcement, Construction Guide Osrs, Bupati Kabupaten Tangerang, Chase Daniel Contract, Ambassador Theatre, New York, Tom Lynch 2019 Goals, Aroha Meaning In Sanskrit, Wood Contact Adhesive, Cienfuegos, Cuba Map, Salida To Denver, Ubl Iban Generator, Sigrid Name Pronunciation, Sophie Taeuber-arp Marionette, Pink Floyd - Stay, Tyrolese Valley Pronunciation, Nys Employee Salaries By Name, Oliver Agency News, Investigation In Auditing Pdf, Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg Super Bowl Commercial, Mead For Sale Near Me, Proteus Vulgaris Treatment, Danny Gokey Wife, 4 Ingredient Banana Pancakes, Marks And Spencer Mailing List, What Grit Sandpaper For Wood Before Painting, Baguio City Barangays, Cbt For Borderline Personality Disorder Pdf, Laura Innes How To Get Away, L'ami Du Peuple Pronunciation, Cob Stands For, Harry Potter Colouring Set, Amazing Spider-man Jms, Percy Jackson Lives Alone In Alaska Fanfiction, Nightlife Of Belarus, Portrait Of The Artist's Wife, 1 4 Portion Star Wars, What Is The Wainwright Building Made Of, Best Reinhardt Skin Reddit, Cassidy Name Meaning Urban Dictionary, Josh Turner Cover Songs,

Comments ( 0 )