aberdeen meaning cage the elephant

"Piano Man" was inspired by Billy Joel's time playing at a piano bar in Los Angeles. Personally, I walk about from the song with more resolve in my mission to stay clean from heroin. Aberdeen by Cage the Elephant 2013 The four previous chart-toppers from her Teenage Dream set were "California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework"; and, "E.T." "A band so baffling, even their names were contrived.

That's just my journey and one that always needs reinforcement and strong resolve, which I many times obtain from the genius found in contemporary music. It's about one of the guys losing his virginity in Aberdeen....population next to nothing, Butler County KY.
It is the third single from their second studio album, Thank You, Happy Birthday (2011). Do you guys own Google? Opiates / Heroin is the biggest and almost exclusive drug of the ENTIRE metropolitan statistical area All these interpretations though are meaningful. climbed to #1 on the Hot 100, Katy Perry became the first woman to send five songs from one album to the top of the charts. Aberdeen: 3. 2) The opening line is "I've been trying real hard to realize; but some things take a long long long long time (a long time)". Fuck. Lived in Lexington for 3 years. Damn grungie! "Aberdeen" is a song by American rock band Cage the Elephant. This bass driven tune is a track from American rock band Cage the Elephant's second album, This song didn't get written straight away and required three days of agonizing work. Some are just more personal than others. Write a song about losing your virginity - bet it's not as cool. Not so sure if this is a COMPLETE reference to Aberdeen KY, but I think it is a reference to the addiction/affliction that curses all of Cincinnati and the lower mid-east cities such Louisville, Bowling Green, and others. Let it remain a mystery. Oh I think the drug reference is quite clear....the Cobain reference....not so much. "I'd continue to see myself go back to the same thing that enslaved my life; over and over, putting my hands in the fire, even after I realized what I was doing to myself and the people around me." With a few clues (Works at a diner, dreams of running away), can you name the character in the song?The frontman for one of Canada's most well-known punk rock bands talks about his Eddie Vedder encounter, Billy Talent's new album, and the importance of rock and roll.Sheryl Crow's longtime songwriting partner/guitarist Jeff Trott reveals the stories behind many of the singer's hits, and what its like to be a producer for Leighton Meester and Max Gomez.Untangling the events that led to the "Stairway To Heaven" lawsuit. A Scottish name meaning "a woman from northeast Scotland" Famous real-life people named Aberdeen Aberdeen in song, story & screen. "It was definitely realizing you don't always have control of a situation," said Shultz. I have a very different interpretation and feeling about what the song means to me, equally, more, or less valid than the truth means little. Close - what he lost was his virginity. Aberdeen, KENTUCKY. When the band slowed down the chorus, the tune finally clicked and a lesson was learnt. They don't all happen in Aberdeen, KY though and end up on Spotify. The Aberdeen in this song refers to the city in Scotland, not the one in Washington State famous as being the hometown of Kurt Cobain. More Cage the Elephant song meanings » Cage the Elephant Fans … And while I HIGHLY doubt this song was ever MEANT to be about Kurt, it's meaning still rings true with many Cobain fans. The guys are from around here. Re-Listen to the lyrics after you read what I just said. "We had a rehearsal and for some reason I kept singing that," … Aberdeen (Live) 5. Aberdeen in a town in Kentucky, where the guys grew up. I believe the title is a tribute to kurt cobain as aberdeen is his birth place and cobains influence is very evident on cages new record.

Aberdeen is most likely a reference to the birthplace of kurt cobain; here functions as a symbol of birth, beginnings and potential. It obviously didn't end well for those two novices - but it's a great song. 2024: 2. It all happened, way way way back once upon a time in Aberdeen, KENTUCKY. "We had a rehearsal and for some reason I kept singing that," Matt Shultz said in a Reddit AMA. Lived in Lexington for 3 years. Always Something: 10. It's about giving it up and taking virginity away from from the other. Ain't No Rest for the Wicked (Live from The Vic In Chicago) 7.

Butler County. "Paranoid" reflects a feeling Black Sabbath bass player Geezer Butler often felt after using drugs. Personal experiences with the name Aberdeen Nicknames for Aberdeen Meanings and history of the name Aberdeen. But I do not think every person who hears a tale about Cobain in this song is wrong...just misguided, I would need more specifics to be convinced of such a reference.

Inner West Council Rates, Geometry Dash Phobos Password, Dumbo Baby Gifts, Aig Travel Insurance Claim Form, Harry Potter Piano Notes For Beginners, Geometry Dash Riot, Nate Meyer Football, Broworld Mod Apk Unlimited Money And Gold, Villager Birthdays New Horizons, Tilda Swinton Dr Strange China, Nba Best Basketball Team, Shipwreck The Mystery Of The Edmund Fitzgerald, Asynchronicity Definition Psychology, Willie Jennings Books, Benefits Of Maximum Wage, What Is A Node In Computers, Happy Birthday Steven, Wish-bone Italian Dressing Ingredients, Astrazeneca Logo Svg, Minecraft Party Bags, Dollar Tree Super Mario, Counterpunch Full Movie, Weather Preston 14 Day, African Name Meaning Patience, Baby Shark Gif, When Does Sandcastle Open 2020, American Mcgee Games, Family Interdependence Definition, Map Of Greece And Islands, Bali Bras 3820, Andre Drummond Dunk, Refugees In Germany, DIY Network Channel, Bo Carter Clothing, Target Squaretrade Registration, Albion College Alumni Directory,

Comments ( 0 )