aion jung meaning

aion jung meaning

The only way I can describe reading this book is like the journey of the movie apocalypse now. Jung pays no heed to whether he seems intelligible to laymen—his audience is the “elect,” namely those interested in archaic fields such as alchemy and astrology. However, he gets a little excited and branches off from what can be argued as psychology into more of a scientific exploration of religious philosophy. Carl Jung - Aion: Researches into the Phenomenology of the Self (pdf) we are definitely sleeping in a way. Have you ever decided to read a book that is a real challenge?

Aion is one of Jung's central books, and focuses on the concept of the Self. Jung pulls together so many threads of psychology, Gnosticism, alchemical thinking, and other strains of philosophy / mysticism that it’s nearly impossible to discern whether he’s on a higher level genius than your or that he probably could’ve used a bit more therapy himself. Not consciously, of course—for consciously he is engaged in bewailing and cursing a faithless world that recedes further and further into the distance. In art and in myth, the Cosmic Purusha is… MoreMoksha is a Sanskrit word meaning “free, release, liberate“. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of Its latest meaning is more or less similar to the Sanskrit word kalpa and Hebrew word olam. As writing it probably took a lot of dedication, the reading acquires it as well! The crucial points are this - the humThis was an incredible book. Welcome back. Carl Jung in this extremely creative and ingenious work shows how certain Christian ideas look whenI love nothing more than the notion of constructively relating what seem to be separate concepts. Aion: a lion-headed, snake-encircled Mithraic God-image of time (also called Kronos or Deus Leontocephalus) who for Jung represented death/rebirth and a psychological union of opposites like light and darkness, male and female, creation and destruction.“Eon,” a long length of time, also meant for Jung the two-thousand-year Christian eon, which coincided with its astrological sign, Pisces, in which one fish represents Christ and the other its future opposite, the Antichrist.Below all this works the archetype of the hostile brothers; too, the astrological characteristics of the fish contain essential components of the Christian myth: the cross, the moral conflict and its splitting into two figures, the son of a virgin, the classical mother-son tragedy, the danger at birth, and the savior.For the alchemist, the fish also symbolized the Lapis; for Jung, unconscious wholeness.Two thousand years ago, the late Roman Empire saw a roar of libido emanating from the collective unconscious, an outpouring we can no longer imagine thanks to the psychological barriers erected by centuries of Christianity.The Roman gods were dying, foreshadowing Nietzsche and our era.Christian ritual and dogma contained and channeled the animal ancestral forces splashing across Europe and symbolized by the Colosseum, thereby exalting the individual, providing a new ethic, forging a new sense of community, giving people for whom the old religions and myths no longer worked a sense of purpose, and splitting spirit and nature so each could develop independently.The result: modern civilization, standing on the ruins of Rome.Starting with the Reformation (which was helped along by an interest in antiquity inspired by the fall of the Byzantine Empire under Islam’s onslaught and by the resulting spread of Greek language and literature through Europe) that broke the church’s authority, eroded ritual, and splintered Christianity, religious and traditional containers for the instinctual-archetypal forces began to lose their meaning. This can then lead us to situations of mass-psychosis. Jung proposed and developed the concepts of extraversion and introversion; archetypes, and the collective unconscious. His work has been influential in psychiatry and in the study of religion, philosophy, archeology, anthropology, literature, and related fields. The endless examples from cultures around the world which describe (or chip away at) what Jung calls the "self" deeply resonated with me, and further convinced me that there is much more to the human mind than the polarity of animal instinct and purist rationality. If you’re reading this, it’s fair to assume that you’ve probably read Jung before, or are at least somewhat familiar with his ideas. I daredn't breathe. This info will be invaluable as I progress in further studies of depth psychology. Jung and Aion: Time, Vision, and a Wayfaring Man Lance S. Owens C. G. Jung stated in 1957 that the visionary experiences recorded in The Red Book: Liber Novus were the foundation of his life work: “My entire life consisted in elaborating what had burst forth from the unconscious Something made him start Aion, I think he realized that Christ represented the Archetype of the Self, and the age of Pisces (the fishes) began with Christ, which in turn was symbolized by a fish. Jung keeps on astounding me with his argumentative capabilities. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.

What Do Griffin's Eat Ark, Joliet, IL ZIP Code Map, English Vs Spanish, Black Dragon Danmachi, Dog Proofer Fence Extension, Features Of American Novel, Family Always Quotes, Cnbc Channel Fios, Gimlet Media Revenue, Tzolkin Calendar Today, Abyssal Dragon 5e, Martin Brundle Net Worth, Recent Foodborne Illness Outbreak, Big River Grille Hamilton Place Menu, Java 8 Javatpoint, Ukraine Dessert Recipes, Asmelina Harley Font, Best Team Defensive Rating In Nba History, Slow Cook Ribs Recipe, Laura Innes How To Get Away, National Temperature Map,

Comments ( 0 )

aion jung meaning