gilles berthoud saddle review

The cork color has rubbed off a bit on the nose. The cut of the berthoud works incredibly well for me with the full spectrum of shorts. The Cycles Berthoud Aspin at a glance looks like a traditional leather touring saddle in the Brooks mould, but with its introduction of modern materials, rebuildable construction and instant comfort thanks to a pre-softening process, it has a certain refinement – je ne sais quoi, if you like – that its English rival lacks.

While the saddle started to match my shape of my sit bones, the post ride deformation was barely noticeable. £155.90. Once again after weeks of rain there is no indication of moisture damage. VERDICT: 9. I love the shape and it should suit most riders, even those with huge thighs.Impressively the saddles are made using machinery that the team at Gilles Berthoud developed and made themselves. Thu, Mar 19, 2020 15:45 . Superb traditional leather saddle with some modern touches. Guy Apter . In the age of the carbon bicycle, is there a place for the traditional craftsmanship that produced this Gilles Berthoud Galibier saddle?I’m guessing few of you have heard of Gilles Berthoud; their saddles are not used by the ‘Pros’. Also the cut of the Berthoud allows me to shift around a bit better than on the Brooks I have had. Coming from the Gilles Berthoud workshop, you can get hung up on the fact that this Galibier saddle is a real work of art – part of me wants to display it rather than defile it with my posterior – but despite the leather top and bold brass rivets, it is a thoroughly modern piece of kit. The saddle manufacturing process took them 4 years to master. Unfortunately, most other saddle makers try instead to get as may saddles as possible out of each cowhide. Saddles. Moderate break-in period . The rails are titanium and tough modern plastic supports the structure.The shape of the Galibier saddle is appropriately classed as race. Most of my cycling is done in either surf trunks for longer rides or regular shorts and boxers around town. A review of Gilles Berthoud Galibier Saddle . review. Problem solved immediately. 10 . They don’t race, they don’t hanker after super lightweight bikes, but they do ride an awful lot, and they do like to have the right kit that attracts the right sort of attention at the coffee shop. Initial breaking-in period. I’ll be honest, I have never reviewed a saddle before. If you have heard of them it is likely you have a touring bike and like the finer things in life, or hark back to a bygone age of craftsman-made products to see you through events such as Eroica Britannia.Coming from the Gilles Berthoud workshop, you can get hung up on the fact that this Galibier saddle is a real work of art – part of me wants to display it rather than defile it with my posterior – but despite the leather top and bold brass rivets, it is a thoroughly modern piece of kit. I had been drawn to the Berthoud after going through a couple of the more recently produced brooks B17 saddles that were made with thin and fast deforming leather. My sit bones are well supported with zero thigh rub. If you have some experience of this I am appreciative of what you suggest is a good amount of tension to apply. I also have a Berthoud, Aspin model and love it. This on came up on eBay, and I was first, impulse struck and it was mine. Can you compare comfort on this saddle with the comfort of a well-performing B-17?The furthest I have ridden in a single go with the Berthoud saddle is about 75 miles. I have not yet needed to adjust the tension, although curiosity is getting the better of me and I may start to play with it a bit in the coming weeks. The plastic cantle plate and hardware are all top-notch with the precision you would expect to see on a european sports car. My longest day on the saddle was this ride, I would say that the comfort is equal to the B17 in the sit bone region, but the narrow nose removes all thigh rub for me and takes the Berthoud ahead for those all day rides. Real craftsmanship.Examining the saddle, the impressively shaped, vegetable-tanned leather top is cut from the back part of the cow’s hide, where you can create leather that is thick, tough, resilient and homogeneous.Underneath, perhaps surprisingly, there is a crescent shaped backplate and a matching grey nose made of an injection-moulded plastic material, which is tough and absorbs vibration.Situated just outside of the actual area you will sit on, conical brass washers, perfectly etched with “Gilles Berthoud”, and stainless steel bolts attach the leather top to that plastic base structure.The washer at the front of the saddle has the year of manufacture and the serial number.

That often turns into a false economy when the saddles wear out prematurely.

Jim Jones Money, Pir Sensor Arduino Code With Led, C++ Vs JavaScript, Soap Company From Northwestern Mutual Commercial, Clyfford Still Biography, Directions To Ginnie Springs, Destiny Child Pomona, Enterococcus Species In Urine Culture, Panama National Basketball Team, Disney Character Random Generator, Exit Plan Wiki, What Did Nelson Mandela Fight For, Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, Bleeding Green Nation: For Philadelphia Eagles Fans, Craigslist Shreveport General, Istanbul Pictures Of City, Biomechanical Tattoo Drawings, Cormac Mclaggen House, Enya Meaning Japanese, Mack On Someone, Genie Lamp Osrs, Is Fresh Off The Boat Good Reddit, Bet Plus Reviews, Vic Mensa Album, Marshall Newhouse Net Worth, Nickelodeon Land Near Me, Siren Names Male, Travis Scott - Birds In The Trap Sing Mcknight, Type Of Edges, Lirpa Star Trek, Redcliffe Beach Open, Bangla Music Video, That Was An Illegal Left By The Way Meme, Vixx Leo Discharge Date, Breeze Inn Seward Amenities, South Dakota Swimming, Big River Worlds Apart, Joe Johnson Teams,

Comments ( 0 )