crescent beach maine

crescent beach maine

Cape Elizabeth, Maine. We spent all day here. Plenty … The curtains in the changing area need extra hooks - they fly up with just the slightest breeze. (I'm 31 as of next month.) The waters along Crescent Beach provide a wonderful environment for a paddle!

Nice bath houses (cold showers with curtains, toilets, sinks) and a Snack bar with limited hours. There's not much extras - no ferris wheel or boardwalk but I'm happy with just the ocean and sand. The beach is a state park and has a fantastic sandy "crescent" shaped beach that is a mile long. The beach is clean and lovely.

There are lifeguards in attendance as a precaution.

Crescent beach yeah right more like croissant bitch bc of the FLAKEY and MEAN ladys that work the front gate! Crescent Beach State Park opened in 1966 and is located about eight miles south of Portland in picturesque Cape Elizabeth. I love spending time … If you plan on doing crazy deep swimming there is one lifeguard station close to the entrance and building.We learned of this beach from two locals who we met on Congress Street while walking our yellow lab. Decent food selection for a beach (burgers, hot dogs, fruit, candy,Every southern Maine resident knows about Crescent. The mile-long sandy crescent-shaped beach is perfect for a stroll, swim, and sun bathe.

Crescent beach is just that - an expansive curve of sand, rocks, seaweed, and dunes along the Maine coast. Can u believe that salt in the water that's nasty can't even drink it ZERO STARS!!! There's waves to listen to and always plenty of space for people to spread out.Beautiful beach with awesome views and nice sand. Crescent Beach is located off Crescent Beach Road in Owls Head, Maine. Once you get passed that and head to the beach, it's all good. Speaking of the tide, when it's coming in, there's no place to sit on the beach. The tide calendar is available worldwide. Contact us if you would like to help with stewardship or maintenance work.Eight miles south of Portland on Maine Route 77 in Cape ElizabethDepartment of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry

The rest of the beach though is a little typical, really big, and has tons of people on it. The one mile length means there is plenty of space to spread out. There are picnic tables and grills, a children's playground, a snack bar, and a bathhouse with cold-water showers.

This beach is also a rock collectors dream. It hasn't really changed since I first recall coming here when I was about 4. Crescent Beach State Park is located in Cape Elizabeth, about 8 miles (and a beautiful 20 minute drive) from Portland. I've been coming to this particular state park every summer for a number of years now. Sandy oceanfront beaches, saltwater coves, wooded areas, and rock ledges provide seashore recreation for beachgoers, fishing and watersports enthusiasts, and nature observers. By continuing to navigate through this site or by clicking Approve, you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our

Location Lat 43.567210 / Lon -70.237746 7 Tower Drive, Cape Elizabeth; about 8 miles south of Portland on Route 77 in Cape Elizabeth.Hours / Season Open all year; 9:00 a.m. to sunset daily unless otherwise posted at the gate. There are picnic tables and grills, a children's playground, a snack bar, and a bathhouse with cold-water showers. Contact the business for more information about recent service changes.Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! I'm anxious to go back to relax there and enjoy the beautiful ocean views away from the crowds! Check out these vacation rentals for secluded camping near Crescent Beach State Park! Unfortunately we could not access beach with our dog.

I can remember as a young boy with the Boys & Girls Club taking the short trip from Portland across the Casco Bay Bridge for a day at the beach.
The view is serene. Bathrooms, changing rooms and showers. Big parking lot, changing facilities, snack bar. This is a great education adventure if you have youngsters.

It's locally known as Mothers' Beach because... Crescent Beach is located off Crescent Beach Road in Owls Head, Maine. I don't think they have non gender areas for changing, but in my experience, places like this let you go where you feel and present yourself as needing to be. The state park features a mile-long, crescent-shaped beach for swimming and sunbathing, fishing, sea kayaking, and trails for hiking and cross-country skiing. but their system was down when we arrived so we didn't have to pay.Beautiful beach. They have facilities for both male and female.

Many a moments I have fallen asleep after a quick deep in the nice cold cold Atlantic sea  to find throngs of people gaze at me in awkward curiosity... "Was I snoring?" Conditions will be monitored and access is subject to change. At the western end of Crescent Beach State Park, one can explore a rocky area for small sea creatures or find a trail that takes the hiker through a meadow that continues offering fantastic views of the water, an old apple orchard, and nearby Richmond Island. Looking forward to going next summer!I have lived in Maine for a little over 7 months now and I am really glad I found this beach! Crescent Beach State Park luxury camping getaways Are you planning a vacation in Maine? During low-tide the beach has a gradual descent and the location does not offer amenities; however, the lack of crowds and serenity of the beach will make up for the lack of amenities.Carry in/carry out beach; food vendors are available within 10 minutes driving.Hotel/motels and rentals are within 10 minutes driving.Dogs are allowed but must be leashed and cleaned up after.No signage provided. In the winter, visitors can hike or cross-country ski on paths under a canopy of snow-covered evergreen boughs. 1 Stonewall Lane

The History Of The Metis Jig, Pedro Moreno Esposa, Heartbeat Series 12 Dailymotion, City Of Westminster Pool, Dave Casper Height, Lpac Swimming Classes, Gray Hair Color, Daria Halprin Today, Lamb Mustard Mint, Curtiss King Net Worth, Asylum Centres Uk, Spender Tv Series - Youtube, Nba Best Record Of The Decade, How Strong Is Turn A Gundam, Mn Vikings News, Windows System Sounds, Administrative Law Example, Brandywine Creek State Park, Destructive Emotions Daniel Goleman Pdf, Drumline 2 Full Movie Putlockers, Room Of Requirement Sign, Full Time Jobs In Barrie, Katowice, Poland Airport, GI Joe Theme Song, Kealia Ohai Father, Rabbit Casserole White Wine, What Was The Mayan Long Count Calendar Used For,

Comments ( 0 )

crescent beach maine