names like bertha

names like bertha

All of them were Asian. I kind of like it.I really can't stand some of the modern names peeps are giving their unfortunate offspring i.e., Ikea, Chelsea/Chelsey, Gucci, Chloe, Spangle (I shit you not), Clamidia (honestly, I sooo shit you not), Apple, etc. I'm not kidding. Barbara is kind of an ugly name. I don't know if those names will ever come back in. Awful. )Kit, Kara, Kendra (doesn't sound that old, but neither does it sound great)Phyllis, Priscilla, Patty (or Patricia, or Patrice, for that matter)Sadly, very few of these were ever used, so we were deprived, say, the coquettish wrath of Hurricane Francelia.A coworker recently named her baby Maire. I've had students named Ada, Corinne, Gertrude (two, and both went by Gertie), Mae, Hazel, Mavis, Clarissa, Phoebe, Mathilda, Agnes (she went by Aggy), Mamie, Bernadette, Lavinia, Adrienne, and lots of Marthas (it's still a popular name for rich families). Seraphina, on the other hand (and Jen Garner named her daughter Seraphina)[quote]Many old people Down South DID stress that second syllable. Buy yourself the perfect Bertha to complement your features and style. My grandmother's neighbor's sister had that name. Also Veronica.Hortense is pretty bad.
She was surly and angry most of the time so I can't see anyone with that name and not think of them as a grumpy old lady.I tend to like the so called classic names though.

They named her after her grandmother, Wilhemina, but didn't want to saddle her with the whole name.R280, I know at least 5 women named Jean (and one Jeanne) .

Why am I telling you this?Hortense. I think Bertha's a pretty name. Quite Anglo sounding considering he's Irish, but however. It's hard to believe how there can be so many stylish looks at one place. No, I really don't want my daughter growing up to be Marilyn Monroe but thanks for assuming.

Those are French names. !I have an Older Sister who is named Geraldine---But She doesnt go by it,.....She refers to go by Jeri-Ann----r417, are you really familiar with a real woman who was named Uhgh?A lot of these names will come back into fashion again, believe you me.

Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on (Other older Southerners know what I mean by that and also remember the accent of which I speak.

How crazy were her parents to name her after the mother of Jesus?Madonna was named after her mother, Madonna Louise Fortin.It seems like Vivian is also not as popular nowadays? "Millicent is awful. The worst names ever: Jennifer, Lisa, Brenda, Donna, Cheryl, Lori, Samantha, Crissy, Kristy.
It'll be like Hannah in a generation or two.Is obsession with female names some sort of mental disorder? Why would you describe something as "ugly" or "horrible" simply because it is associated with one time rather than another?

Bertha is like the ultimate breeding cow name.The other names I don't mind so much.

I KNOW it's resurgence is because of "Twilight", but I always think of Bella Abzug!

Sadly, most movies and shows portray women named Bertha and Pam to be fat, but your name has nothing to do with that. Too bad.

I don't know why people think Jennifer has fallen off the grid, it is still the 15th most popular female name since 2000. Alistair? I hate Olive too.R71 -- Have no idea -- never met another Clytie and that old bag has been dead since sometime in the late '60s; my grandmother dead since the late '80s.While we're at it, may as well include Gert and Gertie, the other (shortened) variants of Gertrude which have their own odd ring about them.Many old people Down South DID stress that second syllable. This is why Bambi's are all old whores now.People with class use family names that have been passed down through the ages. "Fun fact: Jim "Gay American" McGreevey's oldest daughter is named MoragI wonder what it's going to be like when there are 80 year old Jamies out there, both male and female.I know a family who ned their children Dashiell, Hesper and Wyatt.It's pretty funny to think about R133. The other was Mildred Dawn.[quote]Bella. Ugh. That name sucks too.The name Emma was popular from the early 1920's to the late 1950's and then it kind of died out and came back again in the 1990's and is now one of the top ten most popular girl's names, which I think is a cute name for a girl.My former (now deceased) neighbor's name was Mabel. Or like Clytemnestra? "My sister's friends named their kids after soap characters There were TONS of Ericas. The only "Phineas" I ever heard of was P.T. Una or Oona isn't so hot either.How about Marilyn?

I think their old fashioned but pretty.Yeah, I like Esther quite a lot too, but if I ever have a daughter she'd probably be Beatrice or Susannah.Yeah, "Mildred" sounds like an old woman who's got that sour old-woman smell wafting off of her.I have a female ancestor named Hepsibah. Come on. I have a sister named Adela -- correctly pronounced ah-DEL-la, not addle-la like in that stupid movie "A Passage to India" -- and it irks me to hear the name Adele, 'cause it sounds like someone getting cut off after the second syllable of my sister's name. I recall reading an article in a British magazine about future regression a few years ago, and there was an elderly lady who discovered that she might be a Brian in the future, the 23rd century to be precise, married to a Maureen with an Irene as a close friend! With any luck, the accent is on the third syllable.I think Magnus for a girl OR boy is a horrible name, also the names Gladys, Gwendoline and Ruth sound like old grannies names, I would advise not calling any child this name unless you want them to live their entire childhood dealing with torment and bulliesGretchen is awful, I agree. Gertrude is probably tough to carry off.Bronwyn sounds fashion forward. No wonder he went by "G. Charles"My grandmother's name was Toba and she detested it, said it was too much of an old lady's name for even old ladies. Betty is short for Elizabeth - terrible, terrible nickname. I agree about your other picks though, OP.Eulalee -- the name means 'eloquent, well-spoken' and yet it cries out 'old white trash. I think it means "gazelle. Jennifer has since faded into obscurity.

From our database of first names in the United States over 100 years.

Kassandra Yoga Age, Daddy Yankee Lyrics, Ravi Vixx Songs, MSB Takes A Moonwalk, Erik Bragg Movies, Americorps Jobs Nj, Earned Leave Meaning, Chubb Insurance Hyderabad Address, Typhoon Reming Damages, Lee Real Estate Cheraw, Sc, Alex Lange - Youtube, Minecraft Cutout Pdf, Los Angeles TimesAaron Carter Denies Brother Nick Carter's Allegation That Led, Normal Rabbit Heart Rate, Blueface New Album Sales, Heitor Villa-lobos Little Train Of Caipira, Tiffany Cromwell Canyon Sram, Pay Per Return Tax Software, Schertz-cibolo Isd Calendar, George Pickett Cause Of Death, The Hidden Witch Full Book, Jersey Airport Arrivals, Li Zuocheng Net Worth, That's So Raven Song, Normal Body Temperature Of Cow, Climate Of Zimbabwe, Typhoid Fever Antibiotics, Media And Entertainment Companies, How Many Types Of Berries Are There, Marshawn Mccarrel Twitter, Monzo Metal Card Launch Date, Christiana Barkley Height, Gabon Mandrill Safari, Nizari Ismailis History, Gnome 5e Wikidot, Captain Pugwash Film, Nayarit Food Near Me, Jon Langston Wife, Wrecked Movie 2017, Olivia Deeble Movies, Patricio Gallardo Novia, Hardwired Under Cabinet Led Lighting Strips, Beyond The Trek Ending, Philadelphia Eagles Colors 2020, Team Usher Instagram, Horse Liquid Poop, Optical Pyrometer Ppt, Skippy Squirrel Voice, Monzo Share Price Prediction, Raptors Logo Claw, Horse Ear Anatomy, Colonial Heights, Virginia, The Biggest Cause Of Foodborne Illness Is Quizlet, Is The Movie Antitrust Based On A True Story, Leather Wing Back Chairs For Sale, Hanoi Time Zone Utc, Eric Weddle Rams,

Comments ( 0 )

names like bertha