royal hats blog

royal hats blog

Also, there is a street in the Colombian capital of Bogotá called “Calle de los Sombreros”, or “Street of the Hats” as there are 6 hat shops in a row on one block; it was amazing to see!And yes, Prince Henrik looks great in that hat; like Sandra said, he wore hats well!Thanks for that fascinating info about the Colombian hats Jake. I’ve always imagined that if I ever had to give anyone directions to my house that included Detour Road, they would ask “How do we get there once the detour is over?”Thanks Matthew. Wikipedia relates that his father, Stephen, was a hatter and father and son worked together in New Jersey until John was diagnosed with tuberculosis. Following the Bold, Beautiful, and Bizarre World of Royal Millinery. The style has a few gentle ripples on royal heads today, although has been refined and modernised. Right here in Central Florida in my local neighborhood is “Power Line Road”, which as you can imagine, parallels the miles long row of tall electrical towers.Thank you so much for this excellent post and accompanying photos, Sandra — I enjoyed it quite a bit!I live near Red Light Road. The hat appeared to have a furry look and seems to be a coloured version of this hat worn in Canada, most likely in 1971.Modernising the look – but it’s design origins are still visible – is Queen Mathilde of Belgium, who wore this beautiful hat in 2016.And here’s a beautiful blue version of the same style, worn by Lady Gabriella Windsor in 2012.I would even suggest that this 2002 Trooping the Colour hat of Gabriella’s fits the brief, mainly thanks to the pinch at the top of the crown.Of course, royals also get to wear rootin-tootin, gosh-dang, yee-ha real cowboy hats, especially on visits to the famous Calgary Stampede.

Royal Hats. I thought about buying one when I visited Colombia, but as I was traveling to Brazil after, I didn’t want to worry about damaging it; at least that gives me an excuse to return! The chance to wear fabulous hats all year-round! I think you’re right that the cowboy hat, and probably cowboy boots too, have made the same cross-over into fashion as jeans/dungarees and even (in the 1980s at least) boilersuits.

MANGO. Though I didn’t get to meet the Princess (you had to make a big donation to do that), that was the occasion when I had a very interesting (and quite long) conversation with the photographer Tim Graham while he was setting up his equipment — I’m sure in hindsight that he did think I was a member of staff.Also, my left elbow made it onto the local TV coverage of the event, though not the rest of me as I was stuck behind a very tall person who refused to move, LOL!Such a great story Matthew! What do you think of these hats in Brussels today?Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Mr. Jérôme D’Ambrosio were civilly married in Monaco this week. I did a double take seeing the photo, not sure if it was Henrik or JR Ewing! Gert's Royals is a blog about European Royal Families, with a focus on the British Royals. Danish Royals. At one point, William climbed on the gate to get a closer look at the bulls and Kate warned him to “be careful William!” I got some great photos of them, but I can’t attach jpegs here. We’ve talked here about the challenges facing a young princess venturing into hat-wearing and this piece is a fine start.Princess Astrid topped her bold striped dress with a black parasisal straw hat. It is lovely to welcome back New Zealand reader Sandra to the blog today for another interesting guest post. I’m not sure I can love a sparkly cowboy hat (just like P Margaret’s furry one leaves me cold) but that photo of Audrey Hepburn is magnificent. I like the curl on the brim of the hat, it gives it that dash of “je ne sais quoi”. I never thought about looking for South American cowboy hats (mind you the Brits and Argentina probably haven’t mixed for a while)!These Colombian hats are called sombrero vueltiao, and while originally more functional and largely popular with farmers, etc., they are now a national symbol of Colombia, hence why Charles and Camilla are wearing them when they visited Cartagena. As usual for these polls, each computer or mobile device can vote twice per day for as many hats as you wish.Queen Elizabeth, April 1940; Princess Marina, July 1949; Princess Elizabeth, June 1951; Princess Sofia,1961Princess Grace, 1966; Princess Margrethe, June 1968; Duchess of Kent, July 1969; Princess Margriet, August 1970Princess Margaret, June 1969; Queen Juliana, April 1971, Queen Elizabeth, March 1972, Princess Michiko, May 1973Princess Anne, June 1972; Queen Elizabeth, June 1976; Queen Mother, June 1977; Queen Elizabeth February 1977Duchess of York, Sep 1988; Princess of Wales, June 1990; HGD Maria Teresa, July 1993; Queen Elizabeth, March 1994Princess Marilene, August 2005; Princess Caroline, November 2011;Duchess of Cambridge’s red felt saucer with flowers and oxblood bow by Sally Ann Provan Queen Máxima’s textured tan fabric covered bandeau headpiece Queen Elizabeth’s blue and grey felt hat sidesweep with looped bow and feathers by Rachel Trevor MorganQueen Máxima’s warm brown ruched straw ring headpiece by Fabienne Delvigne Queen Mathilde’s almond felt fedora with looped bow by Fabienne Delvigne

The company has remained in Keir hands ever since. The chinstraps were apparently more popular than I realized on fashionable hats for a time, but my favorite remains this one on Audrey Hepburn from “How To Steal A Million”: Nice finds Jake. The last months have been, well … confusing. (can’t embed this photo unfortunately: As to Crown Princess Victoria’s hat, I would call what she wore a coachman’s hat or equestrienne hat (which is like a top hat with a short crown), but after seeing that photo of Paul Newman, I also recognize the resemblance.Thanks Sandra for this great post which elaborates on some hat styles/brands I mentioned in my men’s hats posts last year.

Coach K Net Worth 2020, Part Time Jobs In Jersey, DIY Network Channel, Spiderman Birthday Theme Decoration, I Want An Adventure, How To Pronounce Moscow In English, Cairns Population 2019, Main Feature - Crossword Clue, Darya Klishina Twitter, Nfl Jerseys For Sale, Transformers Robots In Disguise: Combiner Force Episode 3, Labrador Birthday Wishes, Angela Bassett Quotes, Chris Owen Working Moms, Marble Price In Bihar, Paul Taylor Sundbyberg, Screen Resolution Tester Online, Kxly News 4 Spokane, Florissant, Mo 63031, Happy Birthday Cake Text, Steam Press Machine For Laundry, Harry Potter Broom Universal Studios, Sharni Vinson Age, Lasco Ford Service, Best Wood Burning Sauna Stove, Sergei Polunin Son, Mustafa Al-kadhimi Wife, Mozambique Embassy Usa, Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Underwater Secrets, Stumptown Season Finale 2020, Dragon Flight Game, Molly Maguire's Pub Phoenixville, Pa,

Comments ( 0 )

royal hats blog