sammy johnson hey

sammy johnson hey

Post was not sent - check your email addresses! z-index: 100; } I'm primarily interested in YA and adult fiction, as well as the stories that occupy the murky borderland in between. Join to Connect.

She is also open to some middle grade as well.My first love will always be fantasy, and while I’m not averse to the odd swords-and-sorcery epic, my preference is for low fantasy and magical realism; stories that twist the real world 90 degrees and see what happens. I'm interested in the kinds of stories that get told in that space, stories that play with and subvert tropes, stories that focus heavily on relationship-building, stories that put familiar character archetypes into new and surprising worlds. I love genre-bending; tell me a story about vampires in space, or a neo-noir fairy tale, or a post-apocalyptic romcom. In the query, the main thing I’m looking for is your hook: whether it’s the premise, the world, a character, hopefully there’s something about your novel that made it fun for you to write and will make it intriguing for me to read. } margin-bottom: -1px; Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. } Nora primarily is interested in YA and adult fiction, as well as the stories that occupy the murky borderland in between.

I love genre-bending; tell me a story about vampires in space, or a neo-noir fairy tale, or a post-apocalyptic romcom. I'm also very open to YA along the lines of ELIZA AND HER MONSTERS, FANGIRL, and SHIP IT, that explores what it means to be a part of fandom.In miscellany, I'd love a well-plotted heist novel, anything that convincingly puts the reader inside the mind of someone with a mental illness, an unreliable narrator, or anything playing with meta or interactive story elements.Specific requests aside, though, I want what everyone wants: characters who represent the diversity of the world we live in, protagonists who feel true and provide an interesting lens through which to view the story, villains who feel just as true and vibrant and story-shaping, and little details building up to big ideas that I feel compelled to keep talking about long after I'm done reading.I was a philosophy major in college, so talk syllogisms to me.I (still) know the entire opening rap to Hamilton by heart.When I'm in hardcore editing mode I mainline Lapsang Souchong, which is objectively the best tea.Please send a query letter and the first ten pages of the manuscript copy-pasted into the body of the email to nlong (at) writershouse (dot) com. That said, I’ve worked with a couple of authors to adapt ideas they’d written as novel-length fic into original novels, and it’s hard work.

#mswlphoto { It is my pleasure to announce that Nora Long at Writer’s House is our Agent of the Month for May. /** float: right; **/ #mswlphoto img {

I think there's a grand underexplored space for twenty-something coming-of-age novels, and I'd love to see more stories that deliberately appeal to the readers who are too old for YA but still end up reading YA because it feels more engaging. 212-685-2400 Home … I love time travel. One of my recent favorite YA novels was IN OTHER LANDS, which I think benefited a lot from starting out as serialized online fiction. Don’t just find-replace the names in your fanfic and send it along; spend some time thinking about how to tell the story with entirely new characters, and without the benefit of an audience who comes in already knowing backstories and believing the main couple belongs together. (THEY BOTH DIE AT THE END) "What if people were born without the ability to show their emotions via facial expressions?" (THE FIRST FIFTEEN LIVES OF HARRY AUGUST).

Orphic Adjective Meaning, Nfl Jerseys For Sale, Unhealthy Room Temperature, Shigella Transmission Prevention, Sue Herera Net Worth, Maglieaux Natchitoches Menu, Michael Matthews Jane Matthews, Harry Potter Fabric, Doom Arachnotron Toy, Tom Lynch Stroke, Is Blockchain Certification Worth It, Catrina Name Meaning, The Clyde Arc, Shameless Trailer Season 1, Clayton Morris - Youtube, Winston-salem State University, Susan Murphy Wiki, How To Get In The Naval Academy, Spring Water Bottle Brands, Marin Native Americans, Leaders Lil Uzi, Albanian Food Online, Soulja Boy - Kiss Me Thru The Phone Lyrics, Happy Birthday From Harry Potter, Map Of Ascension Hospitals, How To Pronounce Constancy, Jubilee Wolverine Relationship, How To Pronounce 'pathology ', Batman Wall Hanging, Falcon Tibia Wikia, Finley Name Spelling, Harry Potter Restricted Section Printable, Directions To Thiensville Wisconsin, Middlesex County Real Estate, Makeup Birthday Cake Photos, Captain Marvel Talos Actor, Wooden Hoop For Mobile, Bastogne Musée Guerre, Nationwide Insurance Work From Home, Talespin Theme Remix, Millbrae California News, Mobile Money Transfer, Pudong Airport Code, Doom Slayer Vs Samus, Positive Feedback Tagalog, Union Bank Customer Service 24/7, Lion King Cake Toppers, Chris Field's Stanford, The Reefs Bermuda, Germany Population 2050, Candidate Selection Process For Local Elections Uk, Commute App Cycling, October Films Jobs, What Happened To Boss The Female Rapper, Harold Baines Defense, Rica Summoners War, Chestnut Hill Boston Real Estate, Doomfist Advanced Tips, That Was An Illegal Left By The Way Meme, Clear Bank Careers, Auburn Brown Hair Color, Wendy Carlos Music, Raytheon Bbn Quantum, Flights To Thailand From Manchester 2019, Fairport Convention - What We Did On Our Holidays, Salmonella Group D Poultry, Florissant Mo Dangerous, Michael Mauldin Ex Wife Name, Hernando County Events 2019, Emergency Physician Salary Canada, Tyler Gabbert Ucf, Acurite Weather Station, Bible Verses About Seeing The Good In The Bad, Steelville R-3 School District Steelville Mo, Drakan: Order Of The Flame, What Is Robin's Weakness, Labyrinth Like Synonym, Google History Delete All My Activity, Chorrera De Niños En Inglés, Who Discovered Satellite, Chesterfield Insurance Salvation Army, Ncis Bishop And Torres Relationship, Synonyms Of Calamity, Saying Goodbye To Childhood Home, Miss Universe Thailand 2018 Winner, The Sentinel (1977 Streaming), Tnt Usa Tv, Dead Comedians List,

Comments ( 0 )

sammy johnson hey