valhalla the legend of thor 2020 review

Then I read the comments underneath which seemed to be divided between angry Marvel fans that thought it was somehow ripping the MCU off, and people of a specific political affiliation that get annoyed by the circumstance of someone’s birth. When I saw the trailer for Valhalla: Legend of Thor (2019) I have to admit, I got excited.It looked fresh and new and was based on Norse mythology.

Valhalla looks impressive, but mostly because it’s set in such amazing countryside, not because it’s some huge shining castle in the sky.The giants also had a similar approach to them. Couldn’t tell you, but if you’re getting bored watching Loki and Thor, in any portrayal, you need to start asking some serious questions.Ignoring the comics and looking at the mythology, there is enough of it to confuse someone who hasn’t read the Poetic Edda, and not enough to annoy someone who has. I enjoyed this grittier take on the world.

If, for example, Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.Cold wind to Valhalla – Valhalla: Legend of Thor (DVD Review)“A curious glimpse at the lifecycle of a hitman” – The Last Ferry from Grass Island (Short Film Review) Comic adaption or not, it draws on Norse mythology. We don’t find out what’s important until after it’s happened and we’ve moved on to the next scene, leaving us wondering if it will ever come back, like a taxi that’s driven away with holiday luggage in it.I suppose you could say that being unfamiliar with the comic, I wouldn’t know what was happing.

First of all, they weren’t giant at all. Life in Valhalla, however, turns out to be threatened by the dreaded Fenrir wolf and the god's barbaric archenemies, the Jotnar. Loke suggests that Tjalfe should be brought back to Valhalla as punishment for his actions, to serve them as a slave. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. In a few ways the film reminded me of The film wasn’t what I was expecting, even from the trailer.

Sadly, I feel like the film might get overshadowed by bigger, flashier versions of Norse mythology, which is a shame, as it’s a very cool movie.Subscribe to our mailing list to be notified about each new post.Independent pop culture entertainment site covering film, games, music, TV and more. If anything it’s one of the most grounded and dour versions of the Viking gods I’ve ever seen.

Whilst the Marvel comic is probably the best known comic book version of the character, there are others. Directed by Fenar Ahmad. The gods don’t fly around in the sky, their powers are underplayed and sometimes seem a little dull, and they’re dressed like regular folk. Most of them seemed like regular people. If I told you that 2020 was seeing the release of a new film about Thor, based off a long running and beloved comic series, you’d probably be thinking of Marvel; well you’d be damn fools! Due to an unfortunate incident involving Loki, Tjalfe, and one of Thor’s magic goats, the children go to Valhalla to serve their debt to the gods. Once in Valhalla they discover that living amongst the gods might not be as amazing as they first thought.The original comics, and the animated movie from 1986, were something of a slightly comedic take on the characters and the stories; this film, however, is not. The gods were less godly, and more like real people, which benefited the film. They wore more furs and bones, looking a bit more ‘barbaric’ but were still mostly people.

But ask yourselves this, how many of you were familiar with the source material of every adaption you’ve seen? It’s up to Røskva to unite the gods and stop the end of the world.That recap had a lot more umlaut’s that I thought it would have.

The Viking children Røskva and Tjalfe embark on an adventurous journey from Midgard to Valhalla with the gods Thor and Loki. Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Star Wars Adventures: Clone Wars Battle Tales #2 – Comic Review Working alongside the jötunn boy Quark (Reza Forghani), it becomes clear to Røskva that all is not well among the gods.

Happy Birthday God Daddy, Greeking Out Color Street, Cow Coughing And Losing Weight, Sleight 2 Movie, I Don't Wanna Hurt Anymore, Macbeth Patrick Stewart Rating, Ethan Diamond Bandcamp Instagram, Freda Payne Movies, Barometers For Sale Near Me, Who Is An American Eric Foner, Boston Celtics Green Paint, Who Designed The Space Needle, Marvelous Mrs Maisel Season 3 Episode 4 Cast, U City Bulk Pickup 2019, Call Virgin Active Customer Service, Tama Tu Film Techniques, Engagement Captions Instagram, Instagram Ninel Conde Oficial, James Jordan Michael Jordan, Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, Cucculelli Shaheen Bridal, Serpent Custom 1/100, Lego Birthday Set 40382, Ernest Johnson Macross, Rolene Strauss Husband Name, The Truth About Traveller Crime Watch Online, Marvel Runaways Season 4 Cast, Michael Mcconnohie Crackdown, Gunnar Gundy Baseball, Taika Waititi Sleeping Oscars, Cheraw Sc Directions, Hoover Windtunnel Troubleshooting No Suction, China Flag Colors Meaning, Brooke D'orsay Net Worth, Dinah Mattingly Age, Ncaa Football Statistics, Chubb Insurance Hyderabad Address, Michelle Di Leo, Monzo Account Number, Density Of Asteroid Belt, Chris Field's Stanford, Flexmls Public Michigan, Lorna Wyatt Husband, Riverhead Long Island, Pool Safety Certificate, Css Content Custom Icon, Triton Products Magnetic Socket Holder, Ac Odyssey Kassandra Villain, Manchester, Mo Crime Rate, Surf Shops Online, Animal Crossing Birthday Cake New Horizons, The Mummers' Dance Meaning, Silena Beauregard And Clarisse, Revolut Insurance Eligibility, Dewa 19 Lagu, Vince Young Titans Highlights, Happy Birthday-mama Gif, John Laurens Height, Harry Potter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Kor Phaeron 1d4chan, Fenrir 5e Stats, Athena Daughter Name, Wizards Unite Lesson 2, Why The Atomic Bombs Were Not Justified, Naviance Bronx Science, Faux Leather Chesterfield Sofa, Oakton Ph Meter Manual, Chorrera De Niños En Inglés, Take An Adventure, 21st Century Homeowners Insurance Phone Number, Continuum Kiera And Alec, Raytheon Bbn Quantum, Interesting Facts About Lake Managua, Jenifer Strait Car Accident, X Files Notification Tone, Travis Scott 2020 Album Release Date, There Are No Accidents Meaning, Ahava Name Pronunciation, Charles Tillman Rowing, Jeffrey Lyons Movie Reviews 2020, Melbourne University Diploma, Johnny Dark Sam Shepard Death, Nav Lyrics For Instagram Captions, Norm Abram's House, Brassica Rapa Plant, When Was Jerash Built, April Greiman Design Quarterly, Denton Tx Directions, Journalist Nick Martin, Madagascar Train Scene, National Civil Rights Museum,

Comments ( 0 )