what are prisons like in europe

French prisons are overflowing and the penitentiary personnel is understaffed. Otherwise you are free to do ehat you want, you can even have part time jobs while in “prison” and live a overall nice life with comfortable cells that are like a small apartment. The site may not work properly if you don't If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit Press J to jump to the feed. The European Prison Rules are based on the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners.
Here’s what America could learn from Europe’s prisons. I do not know the US prison system, I can only tell on what I could gather around, on this matter. You wouldn't have to join a gang to surviveIn nordic countries the focus is on rehabilitation. Two square meters per person.

2: The average prison population rate is 136 prisoners per 100,000 inhabitants. A Goal Of Rehabilitation . 1: There are 1,600,324 prisoners in Europe. Penal labor is nigh universal, sewing is the most common job. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcutsCookies help us deliver our Services. Prisons tended to be holding places for criminals awaiting trial or execution of sentence. and I can only tell of the French prison system, as we are still individual countries with individual justice systems, in Europe. Prisons are also used to try to reintegrate inmates into society in order to prevent recidivism. I live right across one and it was attempting to close for years, but no one wants to have a prison near them, so they can't do anything.It's basically a low quality student dormitory with single rooms in GermanyBasically what the German dude said is true for Austria too.Also, apparently our Youth Prison Facilities are better staffed and furnished than an American high school in a no-so-stellar region there ... at least I was told so by an American doing some research on that matter a few years ago ... don’t know how accurate it is tho‍♀️Yeah it depends, facilities for shorter sentences look more sterile, those for longer sentences the inmates are allowed to decorate the cells with things they buy.It’s pretty shit, we don’t have enough guards and some of them are kind of falling apart.
)You can see that only the Netherlands has fewer prison officers per prisoner than the UK, although the Dutch spend more than twice the amount we do on their prisoners.The main aspect of the report which was highlighted in the British press was the fact that the UK has the highest imprisonment rate in Western Europe. They are not legally binding for member states of the Council of Europe, but provide recognised standards on good principles and practices in the treatment of detainees and the management of detention facilities. Pity we dont have comparative reoffending rates, but I have never been able to find any that are truly comparable. It is this fact which should give Justice Secretary Mr Gove the confidence to reduce our prison population. We still have many Victorian-era prisons in use, an American-style lock-em-up mentality (not quite as bad of course), and huge financial cutbacks on staffing and programmes due to political ideology.There's a very good documentary about why American prisons are a business that have a financial incentive to keep a steady supply of new prisoners that I saw recently. If you are a violent person it will be a lot more what you think a prison is, big building with barbed wire, high walls, towers and stuff, here you will live in a room with a bed, sink, toilet, tv, radio, table and a chair. The rich could pay for a seperate apartment that they had to themselves. And I remember readi Dutch prisons were looking to take in prisoners from Belgium and other places as their prisons were quite empty.That episode came to my mind too.

Percy Jackson Meets The Norse Gods Fanfiction, Rosalia Mera Cause Of Death, Smartphone Vocabulary Words, Doha Bank Online Banking, Mark Shand Google, Harry Potter Singapore 2020, Telework Jobs Means, Abby Hatcher Nick Jr, Chestnut Hill Festival 2020, Poltimore Tiara Current Owner, Slayers Club Giveaway, Pete Aguilar Internship, Lacus Clyne Gundam, Bambi Character Props, Amal Clooney Eyebrows, Hogwarts' March Trumpet, Hulk Birthday Cake Topper, Wood Jasper Properties, D'andre Swift Injury History, Tanger Outlet Shuttle, Unemployment Rate In Fiji From 2004 To 2018, Duplexes For Sale In Fenton, Mo, Sara White Bio, Natural Vsco Filters, French Bulldog Cake Asda, Batman's Favorite Drink, Frozen Party Favors For Boy, Ifc Grant Promotion 2020, Lamb Unsteady On Feet, Freddie Gibbs Wiki, Representative In Congress 11th District, Force Of Law, Mcclellanville Town Hall, Canadian Federal Government Salary Disclosure 2018, Top Law Schools Analyzed And Ranked By America's Top Legal Recruiter Harrison Barnes, Java 8 Javatpoint, Forever Faithful Camporee, Caliban Mythology Clay, The Story Continues Wimbledon, I Am Archer, Samuel Beckett Molloy PDF, Is Superman Vulnerable To Electricity, Aest Time To Pst, Gary Lewis Merlin, Reporting Salmonella Poisoning, Harry Potter Languages, Oregon Map With Cities And Counties, Batman Colouring Pages, City Of Edmonton Salary Disclosure, Jurassic World Curtains, Matt Taibbi Height,

Comments ( 0 )