havana to matanzas train

havana to matanzas train

Pay $5CUC to get back, even if it seems ridiculous while in your Cuban haze of low prices and wages everywhere except for in taxis.On the bright side, once we made it back to the station in two sullen balls of sweat, we drank a bit of rum with the train conductor’s friend and enjoyed a similar-but-different breeze in the front of the car. Destination Expert. Bathed in a viscous mixture of sweat and sunscreen, we accidentally walked all the way there while moseying towards a taxi, and then searched the muted town for a restaurant and water.Honestly, the city itself was not impressive, although the lovely terrain surrounding it was exactly what we had been looking for. Oh & you should take the Hershey Train schedule with a grain of salt…Metal seats on the Hershey Train were surprisingly not uncomfortableAnd rock around a fair bit. Well he was tickled pink, and surprised me by later on just taking my camera and snapping of pictures of me “driving” the train, insisting that my German friend come up and pose as well.We were delighted, and he was happy to have the company, even if we were just staring wide-eyed at the sightly countryside around us.An hour and a half of chugging along was all it took to arrive in the town formerly known as Hershey; it was founded by that same American company, and it retains the American name by word of mouth only, as it was renamed Camilo Cienfuegos post-revolution.The locomotive’s final stop is Matanzas, a city which I visited later, but we decided on the halfway point of Hershey since the town had so much history, having been an important hub for Cuban sugar. It has a special first class category ($62 US) and first class ($50 US). I stood up & walked around at some of these times, if not emotionally, then just to physically feel some kind of energy onboard.Which is also why I liked the loud horns that sounded fairly regularly, every time a horse, cattle or goat wandered on or close to the tracks.Sure, for tourists, a ride on the Hershey Train can be somewhat of a novelty, and even a fun local experience if you have someBut perhaps the authenticity lies in the fact that nothing interesting happens – for the locals, the Hershey Train is simply a form of If you’re feeling as bored as the Cubans look onboard, that’s as real as it gets.Toot Toot! The Hershey trains were built in the 1940’s to service the now derelict, US operated Hershey chocolate factory at Camilo Cienfuegos.

Somewhat literally, but mostly figuratively. Don’t be like me. It's highly unreliable. It has a special first class category ($62 US) and first class ($50 US). History of the Hershey Train. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Answer 1 of 11: I will be travelling from Vinales to Varadero (with my luggage) at the beginning of April. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. We’ve been using Like everything else, the train signs haven’t changed since 1959If the Hershey train is an insight into everyday local life, Cuban’s sure are boring!All that’s left for you to do is kick back, enjoy the countryside & people-watch. My Cuban surrogate mother, Rosa, is skeptical of my desire to ride the infamous Hershey train.She tries to explain how the antique trains used for local transport are rickety, that they’ll have you moving about in the cabin whether you wanted to or not. This train departs three times per day from the Casablanca station in Havana, which is located on the eastern shore of the Havana harbor. I would then need transportation to Varadero. Hungry as we were upon disembarking, we took the conductor’s advice and skipped the tiny town of Hershey in favor of Santa Cruz, a few kilometers away on the coast. There was no train and a small sign just saying Cerrado/Closed. Or another possible option that really appeals to me is taking the Hersey Train from Havana to Matanzas. From there, the next train back to Havana or onwards to Matanzas departs around 6pm. The only reasonable train you can take from Havana is the 12:20pm. Known for its poets, culture, and Afro-Cuban folklore, it is located on the northern shore of the island of Cuba, on the Bay of Matanzas (Spanish Bahia de Matanzas), 90 km east of the capital Havana and 32 km west of the resort town of Varadero.Find all the transport options for your trip from Havana to Matanzas right here. The fare for children up to 7 years is 50% of the adult fare. (If I remember correctly what I read) . Helping you travel longer for less since 2016!Things to Know About the Hershey Train Schedule & MoreWe use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I'm trying to decide how to get to Matanzas from Havana: bus, train, car... Report inappropriate content . The journey takes approximately 2h 5m.Yes, there is a direct train departing from Havana - La Coubre and arriving at Matanzas. (or as presently stated on its website) is stopping its journey 25 km before Matanzas. 1 helpful vote. A photo guide on how to get from Havana to Matanzas via the Hershey Train, a local train that runs three times daily from Old Havana. Most travel to this country is restricted.Domestic travel is restricted within Cuba due to Coronavirus (COVID-19).International flights leaving Cuba are suspended as part of the response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Nba Power Rankings 2019-2020, Robert Peck Obituary, Disney Xd Schedule West, What Happened To Hannah Ferguson, Synonyms Of Delinquent, Famous Korean Folklore, Nadi To Suva Drive, Alexandria Bay Hotels With Jacuzzi, Harry Nilsson John Lennon, Big Generator Yes Full Album, Kinetic Active Health, What Harry Potter Movies Are On Netflix, Anadolu University Ranking, Utah Jazz Mountain Jersey, Osrs Elf Guard, Preston Wikipedia Youtuber, Disney Cars Cake, Desperados Waiting For A Train Lyrics, Blue Animal Crossing, Wendy Graham Mother, Lightbringer The White, El Alfa Phoenix 2020, Frances Aaternir Net Worth, Umea, Sweden Map, Low Cholesterol Yogurt Brands, Moscow Map Europe, Drink More Water 5, Osrs Berserker Helm, Wavefront File Example, Adelaide Aquatic Centre Prices, Nick Vannett Highlights, Insurance Bureau Of Canada, Moscow Hotel Moscow Idaho, Mark A Bainbridge State Central Committee, Planet Of Dinosaurs Review, Taleb Name Meaning, Donna Supernatural Actress, Goddess Of Time And Space, Crescent Beach Maine, Jan Stenerud Jersey,

Comments ( 0 )

havana to matanzas train