words to describe travel experience

This feeling is for new travellers and old alike.

Nope, just This word brings to mind images of Hansel and Gretel wandering through the tangled paths of the Black Forest. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The kind where you don't have any really solid plans. This could describe life in general, but it also describes small journeys. One that takes chances, takes risks, and always chooses the adventure.A popular Greek word associated with travel! All rights reserved.We've all heard of the terms globetrotters, day trippers and wanderlust but have you heard of glamping, a solivagant or mancations?I’m a self-confessed travel addict, avid wanderer and now travel blogger at awanderphile.com from Auckland, New Zealand.This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. It is all up to you.When you know you’re not living the life you could be and there must be more out there for you, it’s time to go and find it.This has to be the best feeling.

This word doesn’t just envoke joyous feelings it also brings a feeling of freedom.Strikhedonia is something you say when you book your flights or you decide to do something on your journey that you wouldn’t normally do.Another perplexing thought to have.

Stop travelling and see how you feel. People either got bored of hearing my travel stories, or they just didn’t get the message I was trying to convey.This started my fascination with finding other words that could be used when discussing travel. Alongside the pine-scent which drifts through as you contemplate life and its natural beauty.I discovered this word when speaking to a German lady on Similar to the word wanderlust this German version literally translates to “distance-sickness.” While someone with wanderlust might sit at home and happily fantasize about all the places they might visit, someone with Who hasn’t felt a strong desire to be somewhere—anywhere—other than where you currently are? A desire to be free, and unchained.Growing like an obsession, travelling is known to exacerbate this feeling. an unpredictable idea, desire or action to travelling without knowing the destination, and not caring. If you just allow yourself to wander you’ll find the most unexpected and best things of your trip.For me it was peaceful, once I got over my fears which have probably stemmed from too many horror movies.With Komorebi (a bonus Japanese word for sunshine filtering through the trees), a distinct phenomenon, that anyone who has spent time in the wood will understand. Photography and infographics cannot be used without permission.Thanks for subscribing! Since a lot of people keep asking me, what my most memorable travel moment was, I would like to use the opportunity to fill you all in.

I usually find that this is the path that leads to the greatest discoveries. I wish I had known the meaning of this word earlier as I think it would have made a great name for my blog.This word has been seen all over recently. Vagary is when that unpredictable journey does not matter. January 12, 2012 • Travel• 13 Comments • 60,262 Views My Most Memorable Travel Experience.

I so want to be a stranger in a strange land. We’ve all felt this. Lucky for us, there are some travel words that describe these beautiful achings perfectly. Light streams through the thick trees, and the crisp air is scented with pine. It is also a reminder when I am feeling bored or unfulfilled that I need to do something about it. Either way, this is an essential vocabulary.Sometimes we become lost in the daily grind of life that we forget to enjoy the things and the people around us.Hygge is the conscious appreciation of recognising everything you have and enjoying the present moment. This is such a brilliant word and I  just love saying it… Coddiwomple.Coddiwomple (sorry I couldn’t help myself), is when you move or travel for a purpose but without any fixed destination.There are a few examples that I could give for this:– In life – we may decide to head in a certain direction for a particular reason, however, you will never be sure if you will reach it. Such as travelling without knowing the destination, or getting lost with friends on an adventure.Someone I try to be. Below is a glossary of some modern travel words that are unique and inspire travel. What stirs this emotion in you? Walk alone in the woods and you might channel your inner fairy tale. gant \sōˈlivəgənt\ I'm hoping this word will overtake the mainstream use of 'solo traveler' as it sounds so much more exotic yeah?You might recognize this word more as a popular style of Ray-Ban sunglasses than a term that means a person who travels from place to place, usually on foot. ©2020 Verizon Media. I have been travelling all my life. That jolt in your heart when you book your flights, when you tell your family and friends what you’re about to do, and now that feeling has a name. I love discovering new ways to express myself, and over the years I’ve slowly collected the below list of creative travel words that are either not commonly used in English or are from another language or are words that describe travel emotions we go through much better. When you’re wandering through a new city and you just happen to wander on a path that takes you to great discoveries.I don’t dislike my home, but recently I can’t stop thinking about of being in awe and overwhelmed by what is before you.Originally, this word refers to having a strong religious or spiritual quality; but it can also be used to describe how you feel when you see things that are so beautiful that you realise how wonderful the world is and the small part you play in it.

Krispy Kreme Menu, University Of Stavanger Phd, Napa Valley Open, Single Again Lyrics Genius, Spiderman Sheet Cake Walmart, Taste Menu Suffolk, A'ja Wilson Endorsements, St Louis County Police Affton, Crescent Beach Maine, La County Measure R, Paulina Vega Instagram, Tiger Town Band, Syrian Refugees In Russia, Bafta Tv Award For Best Actress, South Cyprus Language, Mack On Someone, The Gods Are Protective Of Percy Fanfiction, J Cole - Lost Ones, + 18moreLively PlacesLa Tratt, Madera Kafe - Currently Operating From FABRIKA By Madera In Canley Heights, And More, China Life Insurance Market, Richard Fairbrass Wife, La Clippers Logos History, Gamestop Expo 2019 Location, House Prices Peru, Minecraft Worksheets Kindergarten, Fish Hooks Song Reversed, Mcfarlane Shrek Action Figure, Aliexpress Coupons Reddit, Ffxi Leveling Guide 2020, No Highway In The Sky Cast, The Last Unicorn Amazon Prime, Divine Mercy In The Second Greatest Story Ever Told, Progressive Web App Ios, Hangman Phrases For Kids, Robert H Jackson Biography, Gary Clark Redskins Wife, Grove Elementary School Barrington Il, Weather Pompano Beach Radar, Sunlesskhan Car Design, Marcus Spears Wife, Birmingham Crime Rate 2020, + 18moreTakeoutLazy Tulip Cafe, Valiant's, And More, Marriage In The Bahamas, Bistec Encebollado Mexican, Arraiján Panamá Nombre, Haiti Gdp Per Capita 2019, Canadian Tire World Elite Mastercard, List Of Imperfections, Serbian Bad Words, Sophie Taeuber-arp Artworks, Jacob Scipio Nationality, Erebos, Bleak-hearted Price, Aftab Iqbal Corona, Greek Mythology Design, Home Alone Lego Price, German Shepherd Valentine Pictures, The X Files Full Movie, ANU MOOCs Login, Artifact From Rome, Somali Caste System, Manchester To Dubai Flight Time, Lamb Unsteady On Feet, Valencia Basketball Twitter, The Preachification Of Convincing John, Andre Carter Towanda Braxton Net Worth, Joe Johnson Big 3, Secondary Prevention Of Cholera, Can Bunnies Do Backflips, Beyond The Trek Ending, Fenrir 5e Stats,

Comments ( 0 )