carina name origin

carina name origin

Carina is a pretty feminissima name whose fall from popularity may be speeded by similarity to (hurricane name) Katrina. My only concern was that it might be too "cute" for a business executive (who knows what she will grow up to be), so I gave her a more sophisticated middle name, so she has more options.My friend's mother just named her daughter Carina. The first thing you should know if you are considering Crina for your baby's name is that in most countries all over the world the name Crina is a girl name. Derived from the Latin carina (keel of a ship). The name Carina is of Latin origin, and is used in more than one countries and different languages of the world, especially English speaking countries, Italian speaking countries among others. This was about 33% of all the recorded Carina's in the USA. I like how it is easy to say and pretty without needing to be shortened. The meaning is so sweet as well. Carina is a very prominent first name for females (#1599 out of 4276, Top 37%) but an uncommon surname for all people. Would you like to follow Carina?Carina is a pretty feminissima name whose fall from popularity may be speeded by similarity to (hurricane name) Katrina.

Karina /kəˈriːnə/ is a female given name of modern usage. It is more often used as a girl (female) name. I love her name!This name is fluent enough you don't really need a nickname.
People having the name Carina are in general originating from Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America. I'm so glad I found out as I was pregnant with my child that I was having another daughter, because I'm going to name her Carina as I fell in love with the name and she is going to be named after 2 very special ladies in my life. In Italian the meaning of the name Carina is: Dear, beloved. Carina is the name of a southern constellation which contains the star Canopus, the second-brightest star in the heavens. 16 names similar to Carina. From the feminine form of the Italian 'cara' or the Latin 'carus'. Some websites claim it also means "pure" in Irish, due to an alternative relation to the name "Catherine".Carina Rose Mariano, daughter of Rob and Amber Mariano and character on children's YouTube sitcom Mariano Madness However, I imagine you could abbreviate it to "Carrie" or "Rina" if you wanted.In addition to the above definition (good grief, who wants to be named after a keel of a ship? The Carina family name was found in the USA, Canada, and Scotland between 1841 and 1920.

I named my daughter Carina. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Carina, try our Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community.I love this name. ), my Italian relatives confirm that this name also means "Beloved" in Italian. It can be a variant spelling of Carina (from Latin carus = love) or a short form of Katarina/Katrina. DEMOGRAPHICS) Carina was first listed in 1960-1969 and reached its apex rank of #383 in the U.S. in 1995, and is at #1072 currently. Name: Carina Gender: Female Usage: Carina, of latin origin, is a very popular first name. I wanted a name with meaning, that sounded pretty, and had some Italian descent. Carina is totally different from Katrina.If you want to name your daughter after both a Cara and a Catherine, then this is the name for you.Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The name Carina is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "dear little one". The name Crina is of Romanian origin, and is used mostly in Romanian speaking countries but also in a few other countries and languages of the world. I really love Lyra and Carina as sisters.If I ever have a daughter, this will be her name <3 so prettyWhy does whoever writes these name descriptions always associate these names with Katrina, and then Hurricane Katrina? Carina is the name of a southern constellation which contains the star Canopus, the second-brightest star in the heavens.Ciaran and Carina are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.I'm Alexandra and my sister is called Carina who was named after my grandmother. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Carina. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Carina.

Origin of the name Carina: Derived from the Latin carina (keel of a ship).

(2000 U.S. From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman. The most Carina families were found in Canada in 1911. Late Latin name derived from cara meaning "dear, beloved".This was the name of a 4th-century saint and martyr. Meaning In French Baby Names the meaning of the name Carina is: Pure. In 1880 there was 1 Carina family living in Michigan. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account.You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Carina on Nameberry.

Michigan and 2 other states had the highest population of Carina families in 1880.

Dostoevsky Demons Best Translation, The Girls Book, City Of Debary, How Strong Is Turn A Gundam, Red Son Green Lantern, Chief Meaning In English, Star Wars E Card, Why Wake Forest, Cranberry Glass Jug, Snow Patrol - Just Say Yes Chords, Batman Themed Party Food, Meningitis Vaccine Age, Gender In Canada, Duplexes For Sale In Fenton, Mo, Doom Eternal Heaven, Polly Stoker Thor, Live Cam Istanbul Taksim, Minecraft Cutout Pdf, Parish Of Whalley, Sta Rosa, Laguna Barangays, Anomaly Movie 2018, Danielle Burgess Michigan, Sad Minecraft Quotes, Bbc Theseus And The Minotaur, Names Like Bertha, Hogwarts Theme Song Piano, Famous Female Travellers, Swimming Pools Lockdown Uk, Nick Mira Twitter, Graceland Jungle Room, Hangman Phrases For Kids, Transylvania Dracula History, Usher New Dance, Synchronoise Pokémon Ability, Vic Mensa Album, Avengers Endgame Cake Topper, Gandalf Cartoon Drawing, City Of Westminster Pool, Beautiful Hut Images, Dreadhorde Butcher Combo, Stationary Opposite Word In English, Lakers Logo Evolution, Falling Upward: A Spirituality For The Two Halves Of Life, Linux On Android No Root, Isaiah 45:7 Niv, Norfolk County Ma Population 2020, Anna Karenina (1997 Full Movie English), Juvenile Detention Center Newark, Nj Jobs, Fairfield By Marriott Bengaluru Outer Ring Road, Barclays Private Bank, Canberra Swimming Pool, Cow Coughing And Losing Weight, Hangar 24 Orange Wheat Calories, Avatar The Last Airbender Party Plates, Canadian Literature Poems, Scapegoat Verb Synonym, Superman Kryptonite Song, Mooc Teacher Pvp Login, Lisa Blunt Rochester Biden, Torque Sensor Diagram, How Far Is Preston From Manchester Airport, Arab Pronunciation In American English, Josie Saltzman Parents, Tau Protein Parkinson's, Jenee Fleenor Youtube, In The Shadow Of The Moon Full Movie, Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, Bailee Madison Instagram, Downtown Auburn Restaurants, Shrimp Ceviche Ingredients, Charles De Gaulle Bridge Dinant, Hawaiian Style Fried Rice, Sun Wukong Staff, Craigslist Shreveport Jobs, Auburn, Ca Events 2020, Zoho Notebook Review, Pop Vinyl Argos, 9 Weeks Pregnant No Symptoms, Happy Birthday Architect,

Comments ( 0 )

carina name origin