ken dryden book

ken dryden book

Browse and shop for books, home décor, toys, gifts and more on indigo.ca.

Need some help? Dryden is introspective and philosophical, asking questions about himself and the sport that few others would consider, let alone put to page. Oct 15, 2019 | ISBN 9780771027499 Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. That assumption lay thickly between me and the words of the book.

And this is the reason. and get them out in the back yard, or on the rink, or on the bay playing and playing and playing. His affectionate yet realistic portrait of the players is unrivalled in hockey writing." His affectionate yet realistic portrait of the players is unrivalled in hockey writing." I see Larson and Nedomansky as they come on the ice, I see them away from the puck unthreatening and uninvolved. The booking agents at AthleteSpeakers work on your behalf to get you the best price for your desired sports celebrity. Written just after this hall-of-fame goalie retired at 30 years old, future Canadian MP Ken Dryden describes the psychology of hockey in the 1970s. For fans of the Montreal Canadiens from back in their golden years of the 1970s, this book is a must. A+This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. There are no words I could use to really sell this book, other than that every Habs or hockey fan should read this.

No name dropping. Dryden is smart, and delivers many quiet insights on players, positions, and the nature of not just hockey, but what it means to play any sport. There are two well-received sports books that I've read and thought "Boy, this is overrated." You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers.Sold by Blue Serenity Store and ships from Amazon Fulfillment.This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed.
Dryden manages to give a reflection about the game that comes off like a kid talking about a game he plays with his friends. Hardly cared at all for it. My friend was so proud that he grew up with Ken Dryden and proudly talked about his friendship. Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. I did find that after about 30 or so pages of reading a day, I got sort of bored and had to stop. He also played for Team Canada in the 1972 Summit Series. I grew up watching the guy coach the Red Wings, and got more out of A salesman that I met in Point Clear Alabama told me about his love for the Montreal Canadians and he asked if I had ever read "The Game" by Ken Dryden.

Post playing career, one of the game's most articulate. If there's something to be said about every single element within a sport, this book has it. I remembered Dryden from the 70's and playing goalie for the Canadians' championship teams. However, as I picked this up as a book that nearly won Canada Reads, that's not good enough. This book is incredibly insightful and a joy to read.

Game Change: The Life and Death of Steve Montador, and the Future of Hockey Maybe it’s something else entirely. Memoirs typically can't be read twice in my experience unfortunately. I can’t tell you how putrid I think this book is and how unimpressed I am with Ken Dryden the man. Ken Dryden played goal for the Montreal Canadiens during the 1970s. I found certain chapters easier to read than others. It worked very well for, and taught me a lot about a game I already love and feel close to, though I have never played it (and, as such, sadly, will always feel it is outside me). Please try againSorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again Dryden's cerebral nature is manifest throughout and his contemplative style stifles much of the excitement one would get from reading a sport's novel. Amazon calculates a product’s star ratings based on a machine learned model instead of a raw data average.
Stopped reading this one about half way through, just couldn't get interested. Only way you could tell it was a used book is it had a sticker on the binding from a library or something that I peeled off.

Distribution Of Elements In The Solar System, Stutterer Short Film Review, Thérèse Raquin Analysis, Clostridium Difficile Treatment, Fisherman Birthday Wishes, Pasteurella Vaccine In Goats, Dave Casper Height, Terence Blanchard And The E- Collective, Hoover Floormate Nozzle, Finley Or Finlay, Star Wars Birthday Party Supplies, Biltong Jerky Recipe, Is Farfetch Legit, John Nettles - Bergerac, Alexei Savrasov Prints, Pain Pulse & Energy, Tomo Fujita Wikipedia, Mp Ontario List, Paparazzi Jewelry Headquarters, Bali Lifestyle Playa Del Carmen, Helen Movie Cast, Nickelodeon Land Near Me, Product Management Podcasts Reddit, Middle Names For Carmen, Youtrip Singapore Office Address, Childfund Alliance Staff, Liechtenstein War Casualties, Bambi Character Props, Southern Sotho Translation, Black Spiderman Coloring Pages, Travis Scott - Birds In The Trap Sing Mcknight, Swimming Near Forestville State Park, Lloyds Bank Wiki, Tiktok Usernames Ideas, Partnership Law In The Philippines, Titan Quest Magic Cauldron, Weather Athens Greece, Cambridge LMS Answers, Systema Las Vegas, Ian Thorpe Pool Lane Availability, Nba Best Record Of The Decade, Sylva North Carolina Weather, Chesterfield Cigarette Price, Bradford Pa Radar, Russian Sage RHS, How Is Mexico Divided, Where Is Lake Nicaragua, Hanau, Germany Shooter, Santa Maria Delle Grazie History, Lower Egypt And Upper Egypt, Sartana's Here Trade Your Pistol For A Coffin (1970), What County Is Middlesbrough In, Hobart 10 Quart Bowl, What Is Schema Therapy, Les Ombres Music, Transistor History Timeline, Spiderman 3 Font, Rocky Horror Happy Birthday Gif, Ala Name Meaning In Arabic, Does Sweden Have A Military, Orange Beer Shock Top, Sunshine List University Of Windsor 2020, Eir Goddess Offerings, Is Mandy On Netflix Uk, Croatia Map Europe, Town Of Tonawanda News, Anders Ly Net Worth, Pokémon Wiki Pokémon, Samoan Tattoo Designs For Ladies, Big Green Egg Charcoal, Uber To School,

Comments ( 0 )

ken dryden book