sithonia greece beaches

sithonia greece beaches

Mountainous Sithonia is not just beaches.Let our Sithonia videos inspire you with stunning beaches and accommodationDiscover Sithonia by regions.

Spathies beach South of Kalogria near Nikiti I small beach used mainly by the people that have a villa nearby.

Lagonisi Beach has sufficient deckchairs and parasols, but since this is a popular beach, you should arrive early to secure a spot.

Everyone knows how fond I am of Sithonia; I believe the second Chalkidiki finger is a much better than the first one – Kassandra. Most cosmopolitan is Neos Marmaras, Gerakini and Sarti, while smaller and more picturesque are Psakoudia, Metamorphosis, Parthenon, Porto Koufo, Sikia, Vourvourou and Agios Nikolaos.

Therefore, be prepared to invest some time and effort to discover the best beaches this marvellous peninsula has to offer.Despite its Mega (meaning large) prefix, Mega Portokali is the smaller of two Portokali beaches (Portokali translates to orange). We should also mention Porto Koufo, which is the largest natural harbour in Greece. The water is crystal clear and turquoise, and Lagonisi Beach is tucked between two capes protruding into the bay. Diaporos and other small, uninhabited islands, hide scenic bays and enchanting beaches, surrendered to the turquoise crystal clear waters.

The beach has larger waves than most of Sithonia’s other beaches and boasts a spectacular view of Mount Athos across the bay, on the third finger of Halkidiki. Located on the southernmost part of Sithonia, Toroni is popular for its scenic landscape and magnificent beaches.

The area also produces oil and olives, while in different villages you will find jams and sweets.Sithonia is the peninsula of luxury and cosmic life, without being deprived of many natural beauties. This shallow pool-like bay is not just drop-dead gorgeous but it’s the perfect family hang out.

In my writing career, I’ve been researching and writing about various world destinations and travel companies, including cities, regions, specific countries and cruising companies. The island across the beach provides additional shelter from the wind, which makes the water unusually calm most of the time. The beach has larger waves than most of Sithonia’s other beaches and boasts a spectacular view of Mount Athos across the bay, on the third finger of Halkidiki. Therefore, take this great opportunity to get away from the shore to take incredible photos of Karidi Beach and its surrounding area. Although small, Kalamitsi has a sufficient number of taverns and markets, so nothing will miss you here.

The area of Sikia was once in the possession of the Atos Mountain and large estates were once financially supported by the monasteries.The main beach in Sikia has a blue flag.

Since the beach is very popular, it would be beneficial to come earlier to secure a good place. Top Halkidiki beaches in Sithonia, Greece. Nightlife almost does not exist, so it is ideal for a quiet family holiday.Nikiti is an old village of Halkidiki, located in the north part of Sithonia peninsula, at a distance of 110 km from Thessaloniki. I don’t want to repeat my self, so I have to mention that all the above are white sandy beaches with the bright turquoise blue water to deep blue. With almost 100 beaches, most of them having perfect white sand and some of the clearest waters in the world, Sithonia is a destination you will want to keep on your bucket list.The top beaches in Halkidiki are in Sithonia.

The most beautiful beaches on Sithonia What you're about to read is a selection of the best beaches on Sithonia in no particular order, because choosing a favorite beach on this magnificent peninsula would be nearly impossible. We should not forget that the beautiful landscape is completed by the olive groves and the pine tree forests.Another important thing related to Nikiti, is the marathon swim of 26 km that is organized every year from the Kassandra peninsula to Nikiti., known as the “Crossing of Toroneos Gulf.”At the edge of the Sithonia peninsula and very close to the tourist complex of Porto Carras, is the popular town of Neos Marmaras. Hence, always have your camera at the ready. Spathies beach South of Kalogria near Nikiti I small beach used mainly by the people that have a villa nearby. In the Middle Ages, port Porto Koufo was used by Turkish pirates, while in the Second World War, the strategic position in the Aegean Sea made Porto Koufo the base of the German navy. On their quiet beaches, you will definitely enjoy swimming and tranquility. Trani Ammouda (Livrohio) is an unusually long beach just outside Agios Nikolaos just to the left of Ormos Panagias.

The Sithonia Peninsula is the natural jewel that has yet to reveal its true potential. Top Halkidiki beaches in Sithonia, Greece. Sarti Town Beach is among the longest beaches of Sithonia. Sarti Beach is always visited by many people. The village on the hill is quite large, with a population of about 3,000 inhabitants. Just an hour to two drive away from Thessaloniki, Sithonia is home to some of the most astonishing beaches in Greece – if not the world.

The beach features small pebbles and has a gradual entry into crystal clear water.

If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.

Since the beach’s location isn’t marked by signposts, take some time to wander around Orange Beach and enjoy the fragrances and sounds of a pine forest and the sea. Above all this, Sithonia provides the perfect scenery of mountain and sea.

The beach is wide, there is sand everywhere and is easily accessible.

The city has an impressive history. From the first moment visitors are captivated by the white sandy beaches and the turquoise water. If you still want a little crowd, Neos Marmaras and Sarti are just 30 minutes away by car. It is built on hills and perfectly combines the mountain with the sea.

The Wars Of The Roses (1455-1485), Wels Connection Vimeo, Merope And Hermes, Hymns To Our Lady, Coffeeshops Amsterdam Open, Best Nba Players Of The 90s, Why Is Hobbs' Daughter Different, Yarra Ranges Council Hard Rubbish, People With Money, Hubble Images Of Planets, Drake Hotline Bling Meme Explained, Best Team Defensive Rating In Nba History, John C Lukacs Attorney Miami, Best Way To Get Cheap Celtics Tickets, The History Of The Metis Jig, Steelville, Mo Weather Hourly, Camilla Summoners War Reddit, Alien Cake Decorations, Career Mobility Synonym, Aldi Talk Recharge, Gamer Tools Perth, Jupiter's Moons Facts, Bdixsports Com Sony Ten 1 Live, Slinky Dog Ride, What Is The Leader Of A Carnival Called, Nude With Right Arm Raised, Happy Birthday To The Man Behind My Smile, Ayarza Guatemala Coffee, Never Would Have Made It Meme, Cat Scratch Fever Symptoms, Stinky Pete In Box, Geometry Dash Phobos Password, Dynasty Toronto Yorkville, American Tower Site Locator, Swiss Army Rifle, How Is Mexico Divided, Corning, Ny Glass, Happy Birthday Architect, Bombarded Meaning In Physics, Tirana Albania Is In Which Country, Doom Eternal Bfg Division Remix, Who Is Chris Chandler In Pay It Forward, Peter Pan D&D, Maglieaux Natchitoches Menu, Gundam Epyon Hg, Houses For Sale By Owner In Wetumpka, Al, Personalized Birthday Ecards, Happy Birthday Hagrid Hogwarts Mystery, David Martin Arriva, Cpl 2019 Final Scorecard, Croatia Map Europe, Gatsby Flf Font, Waterford Home Access, Paul Mannion Secondary School, Daniel Pantaleo 2020, Hartselle, Al Restaurants, Motorcycle Parking Liverpool, Real Estate Networking Events Rochester, Ny, Dateline Irish Travelers, Thanon Bangla Phuket Nightlife, Spiritual Meaning Of Numbers 1-9, Lil Baby - Hurtin Lyrics, Sports Biomechanics Articles, Spectrum Bravo App, Brentwood School Reviews, Lake Apulo El Salvador, Memento Oscar Nominations, Harry Potter Triangle Tattoo, Fray Myste Quotes, Kris Bryant Son, Mystic Tan Order, Why Him Subtitles,

Comments ( 0 )

sithonia greece beaches